Skip to main content

Gay Marriage & Barney

Oni wat ya kawin sejenis bih?


What's wrong with Barney???!!
If you're like me (a guy), then it is NATURAL to fall in love with a woman and then marry her. Now I'm not against people who think they prefer other people who are of the same gender. But I'm just dumbfounded by the fact that Neil Patrick Harris, who plays Barney (or his Swedish cousin Bjorney..and also his doppleganger Dr. Spangle) in How I Met Your Mother is actually gay. Imagine that, the guy who plays the ultimate playboy is in fact the poster boy of same sex marriage? It took him just under 5 hours after New York City legalized gay marriages to declare his marriage to his long time fiance' - or is it fiancee?

Now for the people who do (or do not) follow the sitcom, Barney has developed a cult-hero status for two things I guess:

  • the Bro-Code (the bible for buddies..and wingmen)
  • the fascination (or fetish) for women (usually hot ones...remember his story about girls and manateees?)

Somehow, down the line..he must have mixed up the two things are it turned into the Bro-Fetish! Anyways, my congratulations to Neil Patrick Harris for his future nuptial. But I still personally think that it is just not right for individuals of the same gender to marry. No matter how much a person tries to dabble about it, fact is - a man's a man and men are meant to be with women. So too is the woman. It is embedded in the human physiology to be so. The personal or 'emotional' preference that causes a man to love another man, I think, is mostly caused by the environmental effects in the development of  a person's personality. I just can't believe that you are born inclusive with the desire to love someone of the same gender. Something in life must have sub-consciously embedded and then triggered that preference.

Barney (always in a suite!) & co at MacLarens (their drinking hole)

The sentence that goes,"I nak buat macam maner, dah Tuhan buatkan I macam ni, jasad lelaki tetapi jiwa wanita." is simply an excuse given to 'indirectly' place the blame on God. But don't be confused between gays and those who are the 'cross-gender soul-body mismatch' or pondan. Gays can be a man who's as manly as any man and women who are as feminine as any other. It's just that they ar able to fall in love with someone of the same gender.

Personality and consciusness separates men from animals in what makes us special creatures of God, and with those two attributes we have been given the power of choice. So yes, a man can CHOOSE to marry another man - probably out of love...but that inevitibly does probably would not go well with God. That's just my opinion, I mean otherwise he would not need to create 'women' in the first place right? To me, it's just that there's an awkwardness when humans try to defy something like that. But whatever makes you happy...ok la, it's all up to the individual themselves.

Barney in 'action'!!
All I can say is Selamat Pengantin Baru Barney!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suria Perkasa Hitam a.k.a. Kesatria Baja Hitam a.k.a. Kamen Rider Black

Oni wat sirita tih doik obuok tayang? Many many years ago, when I was still a phlemy kid (budak ingusan la...) there was this one television show that somehow brainwashed the minds of almost every boy in my primary school. I'm gonna need the help of my fellow friends and readers to help me re-trace the steps of this television show, coz to be honest, the storyline was the last thing on my mind when I watched it. Tapi dalam aku cuba mengelak untuk ambil tauk pasal storyline cerita tok...masih juak aku dapat ingat dengan samar-samar apa sedang dilalui hero ya. Cerita nok aku maksudkan adalah....jeng jeng jeng! Nangga video tok dulok...jelmakan semula zaman gembira kanak-kanak anda! Henshin!!! Suria...Perkasa...Hitam!!!!!! Persoalan Minda: Aku heran dengan nama hero tok versi Indon ya - Kesatria Baja Hitam. Apa sebenarnya maksud 'baja' ya? Macam ne nama Kamen Rider Black, boleh ter'translate' kepada Kesatria  Baja Hitam? 'Kesatria' dan 'hitam' ya

Bidayuh Music?!!

Oni wat ya nai muzik Bidoyoh?  Traditional Bidayuh Instruments  One day, I saw a discussion on Facebook between some friends that was about Bidayuh MUSIC. I couldn't remember as to whether the discussion was about holding a competition for Bidayuh music or organizing some sort of Bidayuh music festival. Not so sure which one was it. But let me just ask this question; what exactly do you mean by Bidayuh 'music'?. For all I know, Bidayuh music that I have been exposed since I was a kid was those that involve an entire ensemble of gongs (tawak, kita'ak, pidabat and etc...). So when I read this discussion, it was odd for me to think that we would try to ask our modern songwriters to write new music from this type of ensemble. I was once told by village elders that to each kampung, their musical arrangement for this ensemble is different. So the beats played by the group from Grogo, will definitely differ from those who hail from Singgai, Pedawan or Serian.

Space Cop Gaban a.k.a. Space Ranger Gaban a.k.a Space Sheriff Gavan

Oni wat sirita tih ponai brainwash onak opot bih? Space Cop Gaban!! As it seems futile to avoid talking about the invasion of Japanese henshin (transform) hero series that invaded my innocent childhood, it should be more than proper for me to introduce to all of you the pioneer of all japanese henshin heroes. Of course, Suria Perkasa Hitam was one of a kind...yeah, he didn't have any fancy looking giant robot and has never fought any monster that taller than 10 feet. Jadi hero Jipon nok bakal aku persembahkan tok adalah.... ...Space Cop Gaban!!! Mesti bahagia Lawai baca blog aku tok kelak. Oh, and by the way, mun kitak orang nangga video di atas, tolong-tolonglah perhatikan subtitle theme songnya tok dalam Bahasa Malaysia. Hahahaha. Cerita tok aku rasa sapa lahir selepas 1982 sik kan ingat langsung la rasa-rasanya sebab aku rasa aku nangga tok sebelum aku sekolah rendah gik. Atau time aku darjah 1 kot..sik ingat gilak la...harap-harap ada sapa-sapa tolong ingatkan aku (I