Skip to main content

Resolutions? What Resolutions?

Oni wat ya perlu ogik azam ba'uh?

Finally, I've got the mood to write something after so many months of silence. Well, the second half of every year is not always the most conducive time for me. There are things like budget prep, annual reports, annual meetings, appraisal and a whole lot of other crazy things that need to be done before the year end.  Before I start, I have to say Happy New Year 2012 to everyone out there, although it's almost a month overdue. Nevertheless, the New Year 'ambience' is still there...what with the Chinese New Year celebrated a week ago.

Although I've never really posted things on my blog, I have been busy being a busybody in the Bidayuh Daily Issues facebook page. A lot of stuff is being highlighted and debated there so I think it is quite an interesting space for Bidayuhs all over the world to look into what's going on in the world of the Bidayuh. Since it's the New Year, I'd like to share a little story about resolutions.

New Year resolutions are one of those clichés people ask every time the new year is about to dawn upon us. Some people, like me, would simply say that we don't have any resolutions. Although, I verbally say it, deep inside I sometimes feel that in truth, we do somewhat put some sort of intent to change something. I realize that, change can be done regardless if its new year's eve or not. But the knowledge that one year has passed you by and another is coming puts your thoughts in deep reflection of what you have done throughout the year. So even though u 'say' that you don't have a resolution...deep inside…every person always have something that they want to change about themselves or their lives.

As for me? Deep inside, I just want to be a better writer…at least for my own blog. Not too fancy eh? But at least it's practical for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suria Perkasa Hitam a.k.a. Kesatria Baja Hitam a.k.a. Kamen Rider Black

Oni wat sirita tih doik obuok tayang? Many many years ago, when I was still a phlemy kid (budak ingusan la...) there was this one television show that somehow brainwashed the minds of almost every boy in my primary school. I'm gonna need the help of my fellow friends and readers to help me re-trace the steps of this television show, coz to be honest, the storyline was the last thing on my mind when I watched it. Tapi dalam aku cuba mengelak untuk ambil tauk pasal storyline cerita tok...masih juak aku dapat ingat dengan samar-samar apa sedang dilalui hero ya. Cerita nok aku maksudkan adalah....jeng jeng jeng! Nangga video tok dulok...jelmakan semula zaman gembira kanak-kanak anda! Henshin!!! Suria...Perkasa...Hitam!!!!!! Persoalan Minda: Aku heran dengan nama hero tok versi Indon ya - Kesatria Baja Hitam. Apa sebenarnya maksud 'baja' ya? Macam ne nama Kamen Rider Black, boleh ter'translate' kepada Kesatria  Baja Hitam? 'Kesatria' dan 'hitam' ya

Bidayuh Music?!!

Oni wat ya nai muzik Bidoyoh?  Traditional Bidayuh Instruments  One day, I saw a discussion on Facebook between some friends that was about Bidayuh MUSIC. I couldn't remember as to whether the discussion was about holding a competition for Bidayuh music or organizing some sort of Bidayuh music festival. Not so sure which one was it. But let me just ask this question; what exactly do you mean by Bidayuh 'music'?. For all I know, Bidayuh music that I have been exposed since I was a kid was those that involve an entire ensemble of gongs (tawak, kita'ak, pidabat and etc...). So when I read this discussion, it was odd for me to think that we would try to ask our modern songwriters to write new music from this type of ensemble. I was once told by village elders that to each kampung, their musical arrangement for this ensemble is different. So the beats played by the group from Grogo, will definitely differ from those who hail from Singgai, Pedawan or Serian.

Space Cop Gaban a.k.a. Space Ranger Gaban a.k.a Space Sheriff Gavan

Oni wat sirita tih ponai brainwash onak opot bih? Space Cop Gaban!! As it seems futile to avoid talking about the invasion of Japanese henshin (transform) hero series that invaded my innocent childhood, it should be more than proper for me to introduce to all of you the pioneer of all japanese henshin heroes. Of course, Suria Perkasa Hitam was one of a kind...yeah, he didn't have any fancy looking giant robot and has never fought any monster that taller than 10 feet. Jadi hero Jipon nok bakal aku persembahkan tok adalah.... ...Space Cop Gaban!!! Mesti bahagia Lawai baca blog aku tok kelak. Oh, and by the way, mun kitak orang nangga video di atas, tolong-tolonglah perhatikan subtitle theme songnya tok dalam Bahasa Malaysia. Hahahaha. Cerita tok aku rasa sapa lahir selepas 1982 sik kan ingat langsung la rasa-rasanya sebab aku rasa aku nangga tok sebelum aku sekolah rendah gik. Atau time aku darjah 1 kot..sik ingat gilak la...harap-harap ada sapa-sapa tolong ingatkan aku (I