Skip to main content

Maharaja Lawak (Edisi Borneo Post) Part 2: The Malaysia Day Special Pullout

Oni geh wat ya suan-suan koyuh so otto bih?

Hey, if anyone noticed – The Borneo Post made a special pullout commemorating Malaysia Day this year. Note that on the last page of this special pullout is a full page article about The 18 Point Agreement, and if anyone remembered; I blogged about it in July! Whoah! They really took the liberty to write about it, but for me; what was written didn’t provide anything WORTH knowing. In fact, they didn’t even list down the entire 18 Points!

So picture this:

  • Not many people know about the 18 Points and you acknowledge that in your article.
  • However, you are not writing all 18 Points in that article but you’re stressing how important it is to know all these points.

WTF???!!!  Is there anything more contradictory than that?!

All they did was collect a set of opinions from people to see if they know about the agreement, and to know if it is important or not for us Sarawakians. But I bet, even before they asked the people they interviewed about the 18 Point Agreement, the journalist had to brief the interviewees about what the 18 points were all about. Especially if the ones they interviewed were below 25 years old.

It’s not whether they really knew about it or not that was important, what’s needed was just the comments they made to determine if the agreement was important or not? Hahahaha! Talk about creative writing. Of course people are gonna say it’s important! No one’s going to say the agreement is without any significance (if they did, they’d better be ready for some media.

And then they have short summaries about certain points from the agreement but of course they didn’t tell you all of it. I was simply waiting to read about ‘Point 7: The right to split!’ but they didn’t even say anything about that. Doesn’t it make you wonder why?

They also stressed that we; as Sarawakians, should be aware of this agreement. But wait? Why didn’t you right about it then, if you want people to be aware of it? The only place I ever saw the agreement written in its entirety in a Malaysian newspaper; (at least in my lifetime la) was during the first Malaysia Day celebration a year ago. Yet that one was published by The Star, and not our own state newspaper.

Here, I would like to dare The Borneo Post to translate & write down that 18 Point Agreement in full. It wouldn’t matter if they say they’ve written in down maybe 10 or 15 years ago, coz every decade or so you have to release it for each new generation to see. I also dare them to write it in their Iban section of the Utusan Sarawak for Malaysia Day next year. You think they’d dare? I don’t think so…hahahaha. If they do, I’ll make an open apology in a blog post to The Borneo Post guys for all my criticism towards them regarding this. But I’d still poke fun at you guys for other things la, right? Media people should have a sense of humour, right? We can just make fun of politicians all the time right?

So I urge everyone to go find that pullout and read it for yourself. See if you like what you read. I know I didn’t.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suria Perkasa Hitam a.k.a. Kesatria Baja Hitam a.k.a. Kamen Rider Black

Oni wat sirita tih doik obuok tayang? Many many years ago, when I was still a phlemy kid (budak ingusan la...) there was this one television show that somehow brainwashed the minds of almost every boy in my primary school. I'm gonna need the help of my fellow friends and readers to help me re-trace the steps of this television show, coz to be honest, the storyline was the last thing on my mind when I watched it. Tapi dalam aku cuba mengelak untuk ambil tauk pasal storyline cerita tok...masih juak aku dapat ingat dengan samar-samar apa sedang dilalui hero ya. Cerita nok aku maksudkan adalah....jeng jeng jeng! Nangga video tok dulok...jelmakan semula zaman gembira kanak-kanak anda! Henshin!!! Suria...Perkasa...Hitam!!!!!! Persoalan Minda: Aku heran dengan nama hero tok versi Indon ya - Kesatria Baja Hitam. Apa sebenarnya maksud 'baja' ya? Macam ne nama Kamen Rider Black, boleh ter'translate' kepada Kesatria  Baja Hitam? 'Kesatria' dan 'hitam' ya

Bidayuh Music?!!

Oni wat ya nai muzik Bidoyoh?  Traditional Bidayuh Instruments  One day, I saw a discussion on Facebook between some friends that was about Bidayuh MUSIC. I couldn't remember as to whether the discussion was about holding a competition for Bidayuh music or organizing some sort of Bidayuh music festival. Not so sure which one was it. But let me just ask this question; what exactly do you mean by Bidayuh 'music'?. For all I know, Bidayuh music that I have been exposed since I was a kid was those that involve an entire ensemble of gongs (tawak, kita'ak, pidabat and etc...). So when I read this discussion, it was odd for me to think that we would try to ask our modern songwriters to write new music from this type of ensemble. I was once told by village elders that to each kampung, their musical arrangement for this ensemble is different. So the beats played by the group from Grogo, will definitely differ from those who hail from Singgai, Pedawan or Serian.

Space Cop Gaban a.k.a. Space Ranger Gaban a.k.a Space Sheriff Gavan

Oni wat sirita tih ponai brainwash onak opot bih? Space Cop Gaban!! As it seems futile to avoid talking about the invasion of Japanese henshin (transform) hero series that invaded my innocent childhood, it should be more than proper for me to introduce to all of you the pioneer of all japanese henshin heroes. Of course, Suria Perkasa Hitam was one of a kind...yeah, he didn't have any fancy looking giant robot and has never fought any monster that taller than 10 feet. Jadi hero Jipon nok bakal aku persembahkan tok adalah.... ...Space Cop Gaban!!! Mesti bahagia Lawai baca blog aku tok kelak. Oh, and by the way, mun kitak orang nangga video di atas, tolong-tolonglah perhatikan subtitle theme songnya tok dalam Bahasa Malaysia. Hahahaha. Cerita tok aku rasa sapa lahir selepas 1982 sik kan ingat langsung la rasa-rasanya sebab aku rasa aku nangga tok sebelum aku sekolah rendah gik. Atau time aku darjah 1 kot..sik ingat gilak la...harap-harap ada sapa-sapa tolong ingatkan aku (I